So now that I’ve been at Think! for a week I’ve come to like quite a few things about the office and the people of course.
Today, I finally got to meet William Bakker, one of the chief strategists at Think! although not for too long since he had something else to go do with Rodney. I also got to meet Ben Vadasz last Friday, although that wasn’t for too long either, since I had to leave to catch the ferry for the Island.
At the office they have some really cool knick knacks floating around! Such as this really cool “To Do” list:
And there is also their really cool Facebook “like” and “dislike” stamps! Needless to say I’ve stamped a couple things…
I also finished off quite a few tasks, on my first week so far I’ve done:
- 11 pages of tourism and business media in North America, Canada, British Columbia, Alberta, Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
- A media list of supporters and opposition for the Calgary Stampede.
- Tweets and Facebook posts for Camping and RVing BC Coalition and the Travelling in BC pages.
- A list of blogs in the Calgary area (similar influence as Miss 604 in Vancouver).
- Researched the locations, contact info and dates of State Tourism Conference’s and/or Governor’s Tourism Conferences for every State in the USA.
So it’s been a great start. I’ve enjoyed working at Think! so far because I haven’t been given menial tasks to do! No paper shredding, coffee runs, or other secretarial tasks…I’ve simply been handed a real task and that’s that…as you can see in the list above. We all work in one big off so I have no problem asking questions if I have them. Everyone has been super friendly to me and they’re quite a fun, and easy going group considering all the work they do!
I have some pictures of the work space at Think! so here they are: